Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Dinner

Prime example of me not feeling the need to follow my own menu. Tonight we were supposed to have jambalaya, but I don't have any sausage in yet, so we're having Mexi Mac and Cheese. I love this because not only do we get dinner, but I get a couple of lunches during the week. Unlike the rest of my family, I have no issues with eating leftovers.








Here's how I make use of my menu and the specials at Publix. With it being SuperBowl weekend, the store had Ro-Tel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese as a BOGO (Buy One, Get One free). Anyone who has made Velveeta cheese dip will realize that these two go great together. Add some cooked bulk sausage, and you've got yum in a bowl!! But I digress, anyway, I have some elbow noodles in from a couple of weeks ago when Ronzoni Pasta was a bogo. Since the Velveeta was a good deal, I decided to use one package for dinner and one for cheese dip. I had to get chips for the dip, right? I'm not a brand snob for most things, so I got a couple of bags of Santitas Chips for $2 each. I still have a bag left over, so I've openend myself up to more options for dinner. I can make mac and cheese, or I can make beef nachos. There are certain times of the month when a woman needs something like nachos. LOL






For my friends that enjoy cooking, may I suggest Jamie Olivers' "Jamies Food Revoloution"? It's a fantastic book chock full of simple, easy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment